Welcome to the very first Mile High Medicare post! In our inaugural piece, we are excited to tell you a little bit about who we are and what Medicare consulting services we provide people in Denver and throughout Colorado. If you are someone who has found Medicare Supplement plans, and Medicare in general for that matter, to be way too complicated, then we encourage you to read on. We specialize in working with our clients to discover their goals so we can make them a reality by selecting the Medicare plan that’s best for you.
Who We Are
Before we get too far into the weeds, discussing various plans and coverages, allow us a brief word or two about our background at Mile High Medicare.
We specialize in Medicare Supplement health insurance needs because we have realized the lack of understandable resources that exist for people looking to make the right coverage choices. Steve Hansen, our owner and founder, established our organization with the premise that Medicare is way more complicated than it needs to be. It should completely meet your unique needs while being affordable and easily attainable. Steve, the best selling co-author of The Winning Way, is committed to providing the good folks of Denver (and beyond) with one-on-one personal service to help them sign up for Medicare Advantage, Medigap, or prescription drug plans.
Once the coverage elections have been made, we won’t fade into the distance by any means. We remain available and we’ll continue to help any time our services are required for as long as our clients keep their coverage.
Things To Keep In Mind While Choosing Your Plan
While we won’t be able to tell you what your uniquely ideal coverage would be from a simple blog post, we can provide our readers with some general advice to consider while making your selections. Below you can find a few items that people should keep in mind, which includes cost, convenience, quality of care, choice of doctor, and beyond.
- Coverage – Let’s start with a basic thought: how well does the plan you are considering cover the specific services you need?
- Cost – Variables to consider include knowing the cost of deductibles, premiums, hospital stays, and doctor visits. Is there an annual cap on out-of-pocket pay?
- Convenience – Are there doctor’s offices that are closeby? Do the doctor(s) you have in mind use electronic health records, and do you mind? Which pharmacies are in your network? Are you able to get prescriptions by mail? It’s important to find out the answers to these types of questions prior to signing up for a particular plan, for obvious reasons.
- Prescription Drugs – If you need a Medicare drug plan, you’ll need to know if the requisite prescriptions are covered under your plan’s formulary. Be sure to learn if there are certain coverage rules that are specific to your prescriptions.
- Quality of Care – While they don’t always make it easy to find, there are Medicare resources that can help you compare the quality of care you’ll receive with various plans and providers. Not all health care providers (or Medicare plans) are created equally, so it’s best to cover all your bases with an expert like Steve at Mile High Medicare.
Contact Us Today!
Submit your quote request today. We can help, and we love doing so!